BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Residence Life with Summer Scholars

While living here at the Scott Residence Hall for five days it was a great experience. I met a lot of people in the same grade as me and built new friendships. On the first and second day of this program we went to Carol Joy Holling in Ashland. What we did in Ashland was really fun, we went on high wires and at Carol Joy Holling they had two different courses one was an individual one and the other was the teamwork high wires. The first one that I went on was the individual and the individual required me to trust in people that I was grouped with and what they had to do was to make sure to hold on the a rope that I was attached and so if I fell, I wouldn't fall to the ground.

Now, the second course that I went on was the teamwork high wire course. This one was were we had to work as a team to get across an obstacle course. I really enjoyed this one because I worked with people didn't know too well and after doing this course I learned a lot from the people that I was with. What we did on this course was walk on wires, build a bridge, balance out a bridge and sing a song while balancing it out, and go down a zip line. The most favorite one that I liked was going down the zip line.

Finally, after the rest of the stay in the residence hall I had to do other stuff out of this program and it was going to cheer practice. I had to make a commitment to it and the advisor understood that I had to leave and go to the practice, but I really regret leaving to go to practice and missing out on something that we had to do in this program. I missed something that I really wished I didn't miss because it was talking about my UNO e-mail account and how to access other things. But other stuff that we did in the residence hall was that we had an outdoor activity and we had a water balloon fight, sand volleyball, hula hoops to play with, frisbee, and got chalk to draw things on the side walk. Also we had a movie night where we all watched a movie together. The movie that we watched was called "North Country" this movie was very interesting and the movie taught us something.

0 comments: